Monday, November 22, 2010

HARRY'S POTTERY




So I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  You know my expression is always "there are no such things as bad movies, only bad audiences," right?  So, was I a good audience?  To be honest I was, and I wasn't.  Visually the movie is quite appealing, as were all of the movies.  It's just that I haven't read the books, and I had to use my own imagination to fill in the gaps.  It is not a stand-alone experience from the books.  It was a film for the true Potter devotee!  While I was trying to figure out what was going on, everything had moved away from me, like a joke told that needed explaining.  I think, perhaps, this is the first of the movies that does that.  So, if it was the intention of the filmmakers and producers to make me wanna read the book, then they definitely did the trick with me on that!


Perhaps in the book's narrative those long stretches where Harry and his retinue are hiding in the wilderness could only be best described, and not related amongst the characters.  With that as a notion, the young actors have definitely grown to the challenge and they carried the picture admirably especially during these quite, and sad moments of the film.   As have the audience grown, I guess so does the storytelling where in the previous films everything was explained with often some kind of clever exposition. 

Still, there were some interesting threads and nuances to the film, especially as it pertains to the origins of the Deathly Hallows, that should appeal to the first time Potter gazer.  And again, there were some strong acting from the humans, and non-human actors, to be found that will leaving you anticipating more of, and from the next film.


I say, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows definitely piqued my interest for seeing Part II.  Even though I definitely would've appreciated it if they had put the two films together in one sitting!  I lovingly sat through allll of the 3hr PLUS Lord of The Rings films.  I think the producers could've trusted us to sit through it if they told us all in advance.  Hell, they could'a given the film the Gone With The Wind approach and put in a lengthy intermission, if they thought it was necessary!  I love those old school movies with the opening muscial overtures, and the intermissions!  

I don't want to think that they were just trying
to fleece us of all our cash!



Oh, I wouldn't want to think THAT!  Hee!




THERE ARE NO BAD MOVIES (ONLY BAD AUDIENCES)
By Dr. W.E.B. Sarcofiguy w/ John Dimes!

AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY here at AMAZON.COM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment